<VV> E-Mail Scam

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Jun 29 05:06:46 EDT 2007

The scam is for you to cash her check, and then send her a money order or
cash.

The victim will do this BEFORE the check clears, on "good faith," and then
of course, the scammer's check bounces.  Sometimes, the scammer's check can
bounce even after you thought it was cleared.  Check with your bank and make
sure they don't "un-clear" it after you've sent "her" the money  !!!

So, you might even be able to scam the scammer by cashing it with a *NEW*
account, wait for the check to clear, then help yourself to a healthy "check
cashing fee" before sending "her" (probably a guy) the balance.

Make copies of everything and keep good records, and send them the money (or
some of it) so they can't take legal action against you.

However, there may still be a scam there, by giving them your account info
on their copy of the check that is eventually returned to this "gal."  Hence
the NEW account, and not an existing account.

If you want to take the risk, give it a whirl, but be very careful.

Has anyone done anything but delete these scams ?

NOTE : I'm not an attorney, so I can't give legal advice. Anyone out there
know about this (besides just deleting the scam) ?

I wish someone would try that with me.  I'd love to take my theory for a
test drive.