<VV> Ebay Spyder

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sun Mar 4 17:15:17 EST 2007

At 09:57 AM 3/4/2007, tim mahler wrote:
>The device attached to the steering linkage is a steering
>dampner.   Fitch listed it as an option for the Fitch Sprints -- I'm
>sure they could be bought elsewhere too.  (Rick probably mentioned
>that to Kerry already)
>
>the red container?  oil catch can?   Is that an aftermarker ignition
>system under the spare tire (yellow item)?  and its been changed to
>an alternator. The guages look after market as well,  but I don't own a Spyder.
>I also noticed it has after market valve covers and oil pan, no
>lower shrouds (it is Florida)  and the underside appears restored.
>
>Nice car;  but not an original.

Nor does it appear to be an original Spyder.   A look at the Fisher
tag would confirm this.      There's also no exhaust cutout in back
and the Spyder script on the fenders is in the wrong place.

It looks like a nicely done car but if someone was concerned about
the numbers matching up, this one would obviously be a ringer and not
original.     Then again, it's pretty good looking...  ;)

tony..