<VV> Ebay Spyder/Hemmings

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 4 16:45:25 EST 2007

That's defiantly not a true Spyder.  Besides everything else, the interior
door panels don't look right. It looks like a do-it-yourself job that was
just screwed in. Clarks picture for a '64 door panel is much nicer.  Where
else have the cut corners?

I ran across an ad for a supposedly '65 Corsa Convertible in Hemmings 2
months ago, which had the rare 140HP Spyder engine in it for only $16,750.
There were no Corsa emblems on it, but there was something on the front
fenders that were probably the Monza emblem, but in the poor quality
pictures they had, it didn't look quite right.  It did have a Corsa dash
with a too bright a red dash.  The rear cove wasn't silver and all the
wheelwell and lower trim was gone.  When I asked the dealer to send me the
VIN so I could confirm it was a Corsa, he wrote back that the car was sold.
Amazingly enough it's still up for sale in Hemming's.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/chevrolet/corvair/346149.html

Either these sales people are just plain stupid about these cars or they are
just scam artists hoping for someone who is dumb enough to pay that kind of
money for it without researching the car/model before buying.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Corsa Member