<VV> My Quarterly Engine Build

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Mar 5 00:01:22 EST 2007

At 05:04 AM 3/4/2007, D. Barry Ellison wrote:
>Oh well, thanks for all the help, advice, and well wishes.
>(And don't bother telling me not to mix pistons in an engine.  It's
>happening and at least I'm balancing L to R.)

Nothing wrong with mixing-matching pistons as long as the balance is
right and the parameters are the same (compression etc).    The
engine simply won't care.    BTDT.
Just make sure your abuse of the engine does not exceed the lowest
common denominator piston's capabilities.  ;)

What's more, the balance doesn't even have to be exact between all of
'em, as long as opposing pairs weigh the same.      Rods too.    This
is one of the things I like about 'Vair engines in that they're
easier to balance than V type engines.

tony..