Fwd: <VV> ebay '69 Vair 270096662355 more info

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 7 08:40:27 EST 2007

Final word. It looks like it was otherwise sold or withdrawn. Not listed on ebay now.

Michael Kovacs <kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net> wrote:  Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 16:33:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Kovacs <kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Fwd: <VV> ebay '69 Vair 270096662355 more info
To: VV <virtualvairs at corvair.org>

Thanks all for the replies. The car is 2 hours away. I'll look first before deciding if I want to bid. It is for my wife, so she has veto power even before I look. Her '69 500 is slowly disintegrating, but with 175,000 miles, it just leaks a bit but starts and runs, stops like we wish they all did.

The VIN 10137 does indicate it is a 500, so the added chrome trim etc. has Monzarized it a bit. I'm now curious about the interior. The sales pitch says. "This is personally the most original Corvair I have ever seen."

I suppose the seller has never been to a Corvair national. But, it is his opinion!

I'll see if he sends the interior and engine pictures that I requested.

MIKE KOVACS