<VV> RE:Re. Rings, vacuum, carbon seals, etc.

cwiland at zzz.com cwiland at zzz.com
Wed Mar 7 10:35:54 EST 2007

Steve said:

"If the turbo carbon seal works (doesn't smoke) coasting against the engine
with the throttle closed, I'd guess it's not the turbo."

Steve-
  Who drives a turbo car with the throttle closed???!!!!(Now I'm
starting to sound like Patio Matt!)

  Actually, I can't say if I know if the engine smokes under those
conditions, just haven't run the test as another data point. Thanks
for the idea.
  The smoking at idle is the most noticeable problem. It may have some
smoking after a run with the idle plate closed, but I haven't noticed
because at that point I'm white-knuckled charging up the next hill!

Craig