<VV> Stumble more info

Devin devin at valleyautomotivesupply.com
Wed Mar 7 21:58:14 EST 2007

To respond to those who came back with responses, here goes.

=20

I did not replace the point plate.  I checked its movement (smooth) and
reused it.  I was not aware of a ground recommendation.  Where would =
this
attach?

=20

I never had the VA hooked up until I rebuilt the distributor.  That was =
how
it was when we bought it and it ran well so I didn=92t get around to =
hooking
it up.

=20

The plug wires were replaced 12000 miles and 2 years ago, the same time =
major tune up and carb rebuild were done.  I have not tested them for
resistance.  It ran fine with 87 octane when we got it.  It was a happy
little car.  Now all it does is piss me off.

=20

The ignition wiring is original.  I haven=92t checked it for continuity, =
but
it looks ok.  I also forgot to mention in my original post that I also
replaced the coil after rebuilding the dist.

=20

Your suggestions have given me more places to hunt for this thing.  I =
had
planned on pulling the plugs out when I got home tonight but realized =
when I
got here I left my 13/16 socket with the rubber goodie still in it at =
work.
It will likely be a few days before I get a chance to do anything with =
it
again, but I=92ll keep everybody up to date as I make progress (or =
don=92t)

=20

Devin

--=20