<VV> '67 Telecolumn - Learned something new.

Darren "Big D" Agazio darrenvvagazio at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 22:00:36 EST 2007

So I still have my telecolumn in my '67 and still don't like it. There is a ('65-'66?) on eBay right now #290090366460 and it looks like the whole steering head moves back and forth. My '67 just pulls out of the case 3", exposing the shaft and you can see the turnsignal guts.

While typing this, I just went back and checked. OK, the wheel does pull out several inches and stops. However, I grabbed the turn signal assembly and it slid out too. Evidently, my column just needs a little work. It also got a lot cooler! And by the end of this email I like the Telecolumn and it's mine, all mine. Stupid me, all this time I couldn't figure out why GM would leave the internals exposed when you  extend the wheel. And to think, I was going to sell this.

If anyone knows what causes this, let me know. Otherwise, I'll just take it apart and rebuild it with direction from the service manual.

-Darren
Rocketcity, AL
1967 Monza Coupe (rust bucket that wife wants to get rid of so she can park the H3 there but I want to cut and weld and play with and even if it goes I'm keeping the column/AC/engine-drivetrain/gas tank/doors ect.) project car