<VV> '67 Telecolumn - Learned something new.

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 9 22:41:48 EST 2007

It's been about 4 years since I've been into my '65 tele column, and I was
pretty distracted by the heart attack I was having as I put things back
together.  Also, I was fixing my turn signal switch, not looking for this
kind of problem.

But the only thing I can think of is that you might have a missing
snap-ring.  There's a ring that fits in a groove in the movable part of the
shaft, below the turn signal switch.  I think that ring is what pulls the
turn signal/housing/inner sleeve up with the wheel.  The ring looks like a
piece of round wire bent in a circle around the shaft.  There's a pretty
good exploded view of the whole assembly in the '65 service manual.  I
assume your '67 manual is similar.

Some of the more "shafty" list members might have a better clue.

Roger