<VV> RE: Antenna question

Eric Holz ericmpholz at verizon.net
Sat Mar 10 00:23:30 EST 2007

deaconone at teleweb.net writes:

> Does anyone know if there is room for a power antenna in a 1963
> convertible? The current antenna is located in the right front fender so
> that's where the power antenna would have to go.

I've seen it ...but there are only one or two  models small enough to fit...

Matt Nall...west coast

I've done it, I used the small of two N.A.P.A. universal power antennas
(don't remember the number), and I had to cut a sheet metal "rib" from the
alcove the power unit sits in.  The power motor pushed out a little bit and
the kick panel bowed a touch because of it.  After 1 year, it bothered me to
the paint of removal,  I just couldn't get the body to tuck all the way in.
As far as the antenna going up and down it WAS neat.....................

Eric Holz
Lockport N.Y.
63vert