<VV> 2007 Hotel Credit Card Processing

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 18:35:02 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/13/2007 2:56:31 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
corsa at corvair.org writes:

The  reason for this is that credit card processors put businesses in
classes.  CORSA is a MO/TO (mail order/telephone order) company, and the
rules we  have to follow are specific for each industry. MO/TO is different
than  orders taken on the 'net or retail stores and the requirements are
different for both classes of companies.

Harry,
This is nothing against you, but I maintain that CORSA is not making the
room reservations.  They are being made by individuals who just happen to  be
members of CORSA.  I'm also a member of a lot of other organizations  (AAA, AARP,
etc.) and if I make a reservation with a hotel using that membership  to get
a discount they don't require additional ID until I actually arrive and I
have a confirmed reservation with a confirmation number.  I think someone  down
there at the Sterling is misinterpreting the rules.  I'd bet that if I  called
there right now and made a reservation without mentioning CORSA they  would
make it with only my credit card number, address, and telephone  number.

Ed Corson  (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair Club
http://www.aol.com.