<VV> 2007 Hotel Credit Card Processing

Harry Jensen, CORSA Executive Secretary corsa at corvair.org
Wed Mar 14 06:27:00 EST 2007

Hi Ed--

CORSA is not making the reservations but it does commit to using a certain
number of rooms. That is called a room block. If we do not satisfy a
percentage of that room block, CORSA has to pay a penalty and a percentage
of the hotel's inflated meeting room rental. The requirement for one
night's lodging paid at the time you make your reservations was instituted
by CORSA in cooperation of the host hotels. In the past, some people make
multiple reservations, making reservations for their family and friends. If
CORSA uses multiple hotels for a convention, some people make reservations
at both and then cancel one when they arrive.

Those cancelations don't help the hotel, but are not in CORSA's best
interest either. Our members who tried to make reservations in May and June
couldn't because the block was used up. In Lexington, it cost the
convention $1,750 because people who made reservations cancelled them at
the last moment. And at that convention, we got lucky because it could have
been much worse.

You can always try to make a reservation without mentioning CORSA. I
suspect that you will not be able to, because our block is for the entire
hotel. But you can try.

--H