<VV> 2007 Hotel Credit Card Processing

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Mar 14 08:03:00 EST 2007

>------------------------------
>The explanation about business is that the card processors are responsible
>for the rules which have to be followed. I understand your just a 'guy',
>but your a 'guy' who is a member of a club and the club 'bought' (for lack
>of a better word) the hotel for a week.
>------------------------------

>------------------------------
>Then send them CORSA's personal ID information, not mine.  CORSA's not paying for my room, I am, and I'm not sending in what they want to get a room.  It's unnecessary and intrusive - AND I've never had to do it before.  Not at last year's convention, not at any of the CORSA sanctioned events I've gone to.  Why this is coming up now strikes me as quite odd.
>------------------------------

>------------------------------
>It is our intention that is will be a one year deal. Next year, hotel
>reservations will be made through CORSA and then CORSA will give the >hotel
>a list of people who will use it's room block.
>------------------------------

>------------------------------
It'll be interesting to see how THAT works out.
>------------------------------

>You guys are confusing "reserving a room" with "paying for a room".  Corsa
>requires "paying for a room" (one day) in advance to discourage last minute
>cancellations.  The hotel would accept a credit card to "reserve" but the
>copy of driver's license, etc. is to "pay" for one day.

I think we're confusing what we've all had to do hundreds of times in the past with what we're being asked to do now.  They're different and it doesn't make sense.  I "paid for" the first night's stay at my hotel in Myrtle Beach last weekend before I ever got there with nothing more than the credit card number over the phone.

I want to be at your convention too but I insist on staying at the host hotel and if the host hotel is causing this much trouble just trying to reserve a room, I hate to see what happens when there's a problem once you're there.  Who needs the hassle?

mikeH
(disappointed in VA)