<VV> 2007 Hotel Credit Card Processing

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Mar 14 08:35:35 EST 2007

Mike,

You're confusing a room guarantee with a prepaid room.  Generally, the
room that you've guaranteed can be canceled with no penalty up until
6:00 pm the day of arrival.  In the case of the prepaid room, there is
either no cancellation allowed or one with a very stringent requirement
(e.g., 30 days in advance).  In addition to conventions, you'll find
that destination properties will often have similar requirements.

Although this was poorly handled (by the hotel, I assume), it's not
unusual.  A better way (one that will be used next year according to
Harry and one that is used by most conventions) is that the prepayment
be made directly to CORSA by whatever means CORSA deems acceptable.

I, too, want to stay at the convention hotel (even thought I have no
interest in the water park), so I'm mailing them a check (I have already
made the reservations, and the check will make them "official").  Why
not do the same?

Dave Keillor