<VV> Hotel Prepayment

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Mar 14 08:21:35 EST 2007

As the person who started this goat rodeo, I'd like to thank Harry for
the confirmation he provided.  My intent in my original posting was not
to argue with the requirement, but to give everyone a "heads-up" on a
new procedure so they could allow some extra time for mailing their
check should they not be comfortable with copying their CC and DL.  If I
have any criticism, it's that this requirement was not published upfront
and was apparently only recently instituted.  I think we can thank the
hotel for this and if that's the case, they are clearly not very
convention-savvy.

Prepayment is a common practice for conventions.  For example, last year
my wife and I attended the National Nostalgic Nova (NNN) convention in
Cedar Rapids.  In that case, we registered with NNN and paid both the
registration fee and one night's room rental directly to NNN.  The
prepaid room rent was credited to our hotel bill.  If I understand
Harry's comments correctly, a similar approach will be used by CORSA at
next year's national.  Note that sometimes the prepaid night is the LAST
night of the reservation which discourages early checkouts.

Hopefully, next year the registration requirements will be more clear,
consistent, and published, but I suspect there will still be a degree of
moaning and groaning.

Dave Keillor