<VV> Classic Corvairs

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed Mar 14 08:47:08 EST 2007

Smitty Says:  Having been involved with my uncle who was an avid car collector in the late 40s and into the 50s I was initiated into the original understandings of the terms "antique" and "classic".  An antique car even back then was an automobile of 25 years age or more.  To the best of my knowlege the AACA has never deviated from that.  Classic cars are cars of special construction, above and better than the run of the mill car.  Usually custom bodied and usually powerful, but always limited production.  Time and the general public has perverted the original definition but it has never changed for me.  Corvairs will never be classics.