<VV> 2007 Hotel Credit Card Processing

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Mar 14 12:17:00 EST 2007

>------------------------------
Even though some of us may not like it or agree with it, it's their rules  and
we have to follow them.  I will make it easy on myself and do what they ask, not
all that hard to do.  Ken

We don't HAVE to follow their rules, we don't HAVE to be sheep.  We can bitch at a manager and maybe get the rules changed, we can stay at a different hotel or we can just not go at all.

It's not written in stone anywhere that you have to go to the convention every year.  Sure they're fun but it certainly isn't mandatory - not for me anyway.  I got back into Corvairs because I like the cars, this other stuff - shows, conventions, etc, are just "extras".   Nice, but not necessary for me to enjoy my car.

I know it seems like a small thing to have to send in a check or fax personal info to a hotel to reserve a room but the fact is that I shouldn't have to.  Whether it's CORSA's fault or the hotel's or the credit card processor's doesn't matter to me.  I have to weigh the annoyance against the fun and see what I want to do.  Personally, I find this odd requirement annoying.  Annoying enough to make me consider not going.  I'd hate to miss out on seeing all the cars but I'll live if I do.  I'm not advocating that everyone follow my lead if I decide not to go.  That's a decision everyone has to make on their own based on their own priorities.

In this day and age of identity theft and Nigerian princes wanting to make me rich scams and all, I get nervous when a business asks me for personal info that other businesses don't ask for.  Prepaying for a room is fine but asking for  ID info or checks is unusual in my experience and I'd really rather not go with the flow on it.

mikeH