<VV> 2007 Hotel Credit Card Processing

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Wed Mar 14 15:14:27 EST 2007

>I think you understand what the problem is. How would you handle it?
How
>would you limit CORSA's exposure, yet make it easy for people to make
>reservations understanding that the hotel's card processor is
inflexible
>regarding processing credit cards?

For future conventions (NOT this one), I'd have the guarantee payment
made directly to CORSA who could then call the shots on terms and
methods of payment and refund policy.  Reservations would be made
through CORSA who would also credit the payment to the room reservation.
I assume this is how it will be handled next year?  If that is the case,
will be payment be for the first night or the last night.  All of this
is, of course, a hassle for CORSA, but based on past experience, it's
clearly necessary.

This, or something similar, is how most of the major conventions I've
attended recently have been handled.

Dave Keillor