<VV> Convention FUN

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Wed Mar 14 17:59:25 EST 2007

That what it is about, right?  FUN

Connie, Chuckster, et al  have the right idea.   Think about and enjoy the
good things about the convention.  Life is full of bumps -- life is a pain,
if you let it be.   OR,  you  can learn to roll with the punches, and find
the good things.

The people,  friendships,  a helping hand, good conversation, good music.
(Is Warren and crew playing this year?)
the events -- Competing in the Concours (or relaxing in the car display),
the Autocross (Vroom, vroom, vroom),  Rally and econo-run.  friendly
competitions,  side competitions.  Almost always help from you competitors.

And this year,  like most years,  the tours are great.  Car museum after Car
museum -- and a few family places too.

I'll be at the host hotel,  booked early, Makes it easier to meet and talk
to people.  And not fret the details.  The cc thing is a pain,  I agree.
I'm betting the legal dept, or the CC policy folk,  forced the hotels hand
(the hotel would normally have the CC in hand when charging ,  but not in
this case)

Rick Norris taught me to relax and enjoy what we can (and he problably has
no memory of it) at one convention when I was huffing and puffing about the
lack of parking at the hotel.   -- He simply asked, are you parked (yep),
are you having a good time at the convention (yep),  than what's wrong
(nothing, i guess)  -- I relaxed, and enjoyed the rest of the evening - the
hot air was effectively  removed (thanks Rick)

The last couple of days have been great Top Down days.  Will chill back to
normal temps for this time of year,  but that's OK,  will take a coupe out
for a drive instead.  And maybe fire up the "race" car.  Ahh,  the sweet
sound of a performace flat six.

tim mahler