<VV> Attitude

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Mar 14 19:54:20 EST 2007

> If it is low in the rear end, does that affect alignment? Does raising
> the rear end, (new springs??) require a realignment? Assuming the car is
> sagging, would spring inserts help or is new springs the way to go?
> Kerry B. 1963 1/2 Spyder convertible
***********
One approach ( I used on my '69 ( late ) ) was to put smaller dia. tires on
the front ... I used 70 series on the back and 60 series on the front.

One neat thing is that choosing tires/(wheels too ) ... is a whole hobby all
in itself (g) ......
One drawback is that with too much rake ( high school harry terminology for
nose down ) you will no longer clear rabbits and kitties ....  oh, or curbs
going into Steak and Shake ... embarrassingly noisy sometimes ... and if you
are running a front spoiler .... you might want to order 2 or 3 extra (g)
If you want to simulate " boy racer" with your early, my suggestion is to
turn it into a "go-cart" as much as possible .... it will continue to
transfer weight, hard to get around that ( near pun ) but at least it will
be more resistant to large body( monocoque ) roll,  to force way too much
camber change.
Tires straight up and pointed ahead is * GOOD * ( at least predictable ...
ask those camaro & mustang people ) ....
********
just some thoughts, ken campbell, barely above room temperature in Iowwu