<VV> 15" Tires and Wheels

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 23:18:47 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/14/2007 5:31:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,  john at nfdc.net
writes:

I have a  set of 15" 1979 Firebird Rally Wheels.  Will they fit on my '65
Corsa  Turbo Coupe?  If so, what size tire would you recommend?  I do not  want
to do any major alterations to the suspension or body.  Thanks for  any help
you can give me.

John Johnson
65 Corsa 180 Turbo  Coupe

You will get both opinions and experience when you ask this question, John!
A couple of further questions are needed, though. Do you want the same size
tire  all around?, If it doesn't matter, you can go wider on the rear. If you
want  pretty much stock clearance on the front, the 206-60 will be just about
the  tallest you can fit in. If you want the same height all around, but a
little  wider on the back, find a 205-55-15 tire for the front and the 225-50-15
tire  for the back. They are exactly the same height. Do you want the same tire
at all  four wheels? The 205-55-15 works fine on the 15 x 7 wheels and pretty
much fills  the wheel well, without hitting. The size isn't really common, but
many  suppliers have it - including Pep Boys, etc. I used Dunlops but I know
Kumho and  others are around. - Seth Emerson
http://www.aol.com.