<VV> Scams

burkhard at rochester.rr.com burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Thu Mar 15 15:13:43 EST 2007

Dudes -

Guys, this is all done through robotized email address gathering
programs.  If you have your real email address posted (like in an ad)
on a website (almost ANY website, but buy/sell ones and forums are
prime targets), these automated programs WILL find it.  You can make it
more difficult by changing your email in the note to read something
like "rusecular_please put 'at' sign here_yahoo.com" instead
of "rusecular at yahoo.com". Unfortunately, some legitimate folks reading
the ad might not be sharp enough to understand what you mean right
away, so a helpful note of explanation would be a good idea.

It's not CORSA's fault. Unless you want layers of username/password
security for people to even *read* your ad posting, this is going to
happen.

Jim Burkhard