<VV> follow up on 1969 corvair for sale on eBay last week

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 15 19:03:56 EST 2007

 Remember the 1969 Corvair advertised on EBay that I had questions about? I contacted EBay after it was removed from the listing. The seller DID contact me. I responded with my requirements. IE: that I would have to see and drive the car before I came up with any $4,500.

   The seller never responded. That doesn't mean he did not have the car for sale, but VERY suspicious!  Ya gotta be care full.

   This is the car that the 1969 registry says is/was owned by Don Schneider (VIN 101379W00264). I sent a letter to Don and will report if he is able to reply.

  Following is from EBay
  Dear Mike,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your concern that item
#270096662355 is no longer on the site.

Item #270096662355 has been ended early and removed from the eBay site
because we could not confirm the seller's contact information and/or the
seller's ability to deliver the merchandise advertised on our site.

If this seller contacts you to complete a transaction outside of eBay,
we strongly recommend that you ignore the request. Transactions of this
nature are not covered by the Buyer Protection services offered by eBay.

Please be aware that eBay urges caution when purchasing high-priced
items, especially if the price seems too good to be true.

We do not recommend the use of instant cash wire transfer services such
as Western Union and MoneyGram, and we ask that users decline sending
payment in cases where these are the only methods of payment offered by
the seller. Generally, if payment is sent using an instant cash wire
transfer service and the item is not delivered as promised, no recourse
is available for recovering funds. In most cases, a verified escrow
service should be used when purchasing high dollar value items. More
information on the benefits and risks of individual payment methods can
be found at:

MIKE KOVACS