<VV> Black Corsa has knock - new plans

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 19:42:22 EST 2007

Well, I got my 4 KB pistons (#1,#2,#5,#6) and 2 used assy (#3,#4),
"frankin-engine" 140 back on the road, only to discover a small knock down
inside.  I had my favorite mechanic do a quick diagnosis tonight.  (...my
more exprienced older brother Tony Ellison, FTD in Kentucky)  He's "98% sure
it's a wrist pin" on #5.  (If someone wants the diagnosis, email me and I'll
with the group)

For a quick history review, #5 is where I had the dropped valve seat back in
November.  All the KB's came out, 6 used assy's went in.  Used #5 broke a
top ring the 2nd time around while #1 had a stuck 2nd Total Seal ring.  Why
#5 broke?  Don't know, 'cept it's just used stuff - whatever.  Hence the
frankin-engine combo above.

Now, I'm responsible for Sunday's economy run for my local club.  (Bruce,
ignore the next line) I haven't made plan #1 yet.  (Bruce, continue)
Actually, I did map it on Google-Maps.  I would _hate_ to lead it in my
diesel truck.  I have an engine from a 64 that ran (for like 4 secs) when I
traded for it back in October.  It needs o-rings at a minimum - leaked like
the Valdez.  I have rebuilt carbs on the shelf I can use.  Tony's offering
to loan me 110 sheet metal, bell housing, clutch and flywheel parts since
the 64 is attached to a PG.  I could use mine but he didn't want me to break
my stuff apart again.

Working from home tomorrow to save the 1 hour commute.  Guess where I'll be
Friday and Saturday, possibly Sunday morning?

BruuuHAAAAhhaaaaahaaahaaaa <evil laugh>

If it goes well, I'll probably leave it in for a while and take a break from
all this frustrating engine work.  If it doesn't, it all goes up for sale to
the highest bidder and I'll go back to 4 bangers, or go electric.

Barry Ellison
CORSA SC
CORSA Member
2 lates, 2 earlies, 0 running decent