<VV> Greenbrier Axle's on an early car

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Mar 17 10:56:48 EST 2007

So you want to install harder to find and more expensive parts on your
early model????

What are you trying to accomplish?

Ask Smitty how many early wheel bearings and axles he has broken in
racing/autocrossing earlies.

I think you have a solution looking for a problem.

If you happen to have FC axles with bearings you do not need, surely you
can swap them easily for the correct early axles you want.

BTW, the 60 to 62 "take apart" style bearing will fit a 63/64 car just
fine if you want the ability to grease the bearing like an FC bearing.
It is also cheaper to purchase than the cast 63/64 bearing.

Frank DuVal