<VV> Silver Por 15 ....

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 17 21:15:44 EST 2007

Hi Tony,

Have not used the silver Por 15 but like Mark said, it goes a long way.  One
quart would probably do the bottom of a Corvair if you didn't include any
cross members or wheel wells and a double coat at that.  For reference, I
used a pint to apply two coats to an FC gas tank, painted a differential and
transmission with two coats and a few other things.

On the Extend stuff by Dupont.  I didn't think the product worked very good
myself.  The things I painted with it rusted again in short order plus it
didn't stick very good.  It used to be available at Home Depot in our area.
I was much happier with the Por 15 stuff which you can also spray.  I've
always brushed it on and it seems to be self leveling, very smooth, like
glass when dry.  It's one of those products with two big Wow factors if
you've never used it before.  First Wow is how well it sticks and how hard
it is when dry.  Second Wow factor is how hard it is to get off of human
skin.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!