<VV> Converting backup lites to taillights

Arjay Morgan n3lkz at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 21:53:04 EST 2007

Does anyone have an experience in converting the backup lights in an early into brake/turn signal lights.

The idea here is to have four brake lights instead of two and two turn signals flashing in the rear instead of one.

Yes, I realize I'll lose the backup lights, but it seems a fair trade.

Specifically, is it just a matter of paralleling the wiring of the existing brake/turn lights and using a heavy duty flasher, or is there a lot more to it than that?

Also, has anyone put a Bradley GT kitcar body on a Corvair, or will it only fit a VW.

Thanks in advance
Arjay Morgan
64 Monza convert