<VV> What the Nader is this Futura thing?

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 18 09:04:28 EST 2007

I assume it is a home-made custom, never heard of it, not could I find
anything on the net about it.

Looks like a cut, body sculpted wagon was the starting point.  Sill has
the wagon bumper with fold down door for engine access, hopefully a lid
in the interior behind the last row of seats or drop the engine for
sparkplug and top end stuff.

The floors are too flat in the driver area for a front mount engine, if
it has an engine at all it will be in the rear.

I would assume the floor pan is basically Corvair wagon and the body has
been modified and parts from other makes and models applied where
appropriate.

I like the EM Sedan backlite and the fact that you are sitting on the
trunk floor when you are driving....You can still see the windshield
pillar ahead of the doors and visualize where the extra cab was grafted
on...

I was trying to figure out if the pictures were of vintage stock or
modern as they seem "strange"  no other cars on the street, nothing
looks like it could be placed in a time.

The is a plastic gas can in the drive, which looks modern, and you can
see garage stuff in one of the interior shots which includes some spray
can items....

Nice large concrete drive (without oil stains, must be the only vair he
ownes <GG>)

I wonder where it is located, sellers Id is Chitown, but plates don't
appear to be IL plates and car does't have front plate which is IL
requirement.

Hmmmmm

Rick Loving

<SNIP>
Subject: Re: <VV> What the Nader is this Futura thing?

Is the engine even in the back? I don't see any air inlets in the
usually
Corvair wagon location or anywhere else in the rear. Plus it appears
that the
gas tank is in the back. I wonder if those big round inlets in the front
are
for  engine cooling. Maybe it's a front drive Corvair drive train...

Ned