<VV> Road Trip Completed

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 18 11:21:55 EST 2007

I talked to Jon around 9PM last night and he was just entering Albuquerque.
He'd made the decision to drove on through to Tempe at that point.  I just
talked to him again this morning and he arrived home around 3AM.

Trip incidents were - bearing out in the alternator and a DA one - left the
oil filler cap off at a gas stop.  Jon tells me that 200 miles without a cap
results in the loss (shall we say - spreading out in the engine compartment)
of roughly one quart of oil.  He'll be at the "quarter" car wash with the
soapy high pressure wand later today!

Thanks to those who were keeping an eye out for him and especially to Gary
Baxter who came to the rescue with an alternator.

Later, JR
CCE and CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)