<VV> automatic floor shift conversion kit

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sun Mar 18 20:37:14 EST 2007

All,

I have an automatic floor shift conversion kit that I am investigating
having reproduced. It converts a Corvair car automatic dash-mounted
shifter to a floor-mounted shifter. Originally designed for early
Corvairs, I am working on parts so that it can be adapted to lates as
well. The original kit was produced by Ansen and sold thru (at least)
JCWhitney back in the '60-70's. The reproduced kit will include some
improvement modifications over the original design.

The holdup on this is that I'd need firm orders for at least 10 kits.
Projected retail price will be $275. If we can get enough orders so that
it won't have to be hand-built, the per-unit price could be lower. So if
any of you would be interested, please contact me offline as to your
desire, particularly if you have a firm plan on purchasing one or more.
I can supply pictures of the original kit, so you'll have an idea as to
what it looks like. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to purchase this
equipment.

Thanks!

-Mark C

BTW, if this item IS reproduced, the original will be donated to the
CPF. Otherwise, when I am ready to use it in a car, I will have to
modify it to my specifications. Thus the original item will be "lost" to
history and no longer available to the CPF.