<VV> Wiring Harness Questions

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 16:59:12 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/19/2007 12:58:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
GYoungwolf at aol.com writes:

> I am replacing a mangled, spliced, rigged, and burned rear wiring harness
> in
> a 1965 convertible with a new replacement harness. I ran into a couple of
> problems: one electrical and one physical. The electrical has to do with the
> fact
> that the PO installed an electronic ignition. It has wires going from the
> distributor to the control unit and from the unit to both sides of the coil.
> The
> mangled harness I removed had only one wire to the coil, and of course the
> replacement has two. I do not have the instructions for the electronic
> system and
> don't know whether to hook up one or both or neither harness wires? And if
> only one, which? Didn't want to do the trial and error thing on the chance
> that
> it might ruin the box.
> The second problem has to do with the installation of the tail lights. The
> backup sockets just popped right in place, but I cannot get the tail lights
> lock in place. There is a small tab on the sockets and a notch in the metal
> light housing, but they do not seem to want to mate. What am I missing?
> Thanks for any insight,
> Grant Young

Grant!! of all people.... get the MFG. of the Ign. systems wiring diagram!

The 2 wires in a factory harness are the  Start  Resistor  BYPASS  wire and
the  Resistance [ main feed] wire...you do have a GM  Diagram?  They are
online!

As far as the NEW sockets..push harder...you're used to 40 yr. old units!!

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
lots of info!