<VV> Wiring Harness Questions

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 19 20:23:36 EST 2007

Matt!! of all people.... !

The 2 wires in a factory engine harness are the  NOT the Start  Resistor
BYPASS  wire and
the  Resistance [ main feed] wire.

They are the ignition feed (black/yellow) and the tach (brown). Yellow/black
goes to (+) and brown goes to (-) along with the wire to the points.  The
start resistor wire (w/r/b) doesn't go near the distributor on the '65.  It
is bypassed by the purple wire and the black/yellow wire in the 2 pin
connector that goes down to the starter solenoid....you do have a GM
Diagram?  They are online!  Or, better, Ned's are in color and WAY, WAY, WAY
easier to read.

LOL,
  Roger

PS:  3.6L has one head installed.  Slowly, slowly, slowly I get closer to
the finish line.  ;-)