[Fwd: Re: <VV> towing a vair]

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Wed Mar 21 21:28:35 EST 2007

I don't think there is any safe way to pull a Corvair on a dolly. The
safest way (still dangerous IMO) is backwards... bad news for a vert.

Much MUCH  better to tow flat or on a trailer.

If I "had" to use a dolly on a vert, I'd do it backwards, top up, rear window unzipped and
windows down.

Others report doing this successfully with no problems. EVERY instance I've seen the
car sets up a dangerous oscillation at anything above about 50-55mph

YMMV

Bill