<VV> '67 Telecolumn Corvair- Corvette

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 01:09:02 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/23/2007 6:06:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kentsu at corvairkid.com writes:

Another  thing I don't get is: The NCRS guys would never allow a tele column
in a  car that didn't have one to start with. And if you are a Corvette fan
but  not in the NCRS, stock doesn't matter, so I would think it would be
easier  and cheaper (and better looking, in a modern style sense) to install
an  aftermarket column by IDIDIT or whomever.

There are a lot of Corvette people who have no interest in NCRS - (Truly
like most Corvair people have only a "viewing" interest in Concours.) But those
Corvette owners may still have an interest in a Telescoping column in their
cars. One that looks like stock. My boss has a big-block 66 Vette that has
mostly original parts and 150K plus mileage. He has absolutely no interest in
concours, but is fanatical about original parts - so he wouldn't be any more
interested in the column than the NCRS guys, but many owners like to load up
their cars with "options, even if added on later. (Many Corvair guys are of the
same mind). But I look at the commonality of the  Corvette-Corvair
tele-columns from a different perspective. I am happy  those little piece parts of the
adjusting mechanism and hub caps are all common.  That means we can still get
replacement items. The price may be higher than us  "frugal" folk "want" to
pay. But how many of those parts would be available if  they were Corvair only?
Zippo! that's how many! I don't plan on selling any tele  comumns to the Vette
guys. Why should I if I can still get the replacement parts  I need? Thank
You, Corvette parts suppliers! - Seth  Emerson