<VV> Engine Temperature Issues

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 11:52:07 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/25/2007 8:38:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
LCDuddridge at hotmail.com writes:

> The next step is pretty messy so I am going to roll the car out onto the
> lawn for an hour or two.  I have rented a high pressure steam cleaner and I
> plan to clean the fins with high pressure steam followed by a bath of Lime-away.
>  My hope is that this will remove most if not all the filth with out the
> risk of causing damage with a hack saw blade or drill bit.

Go for it!  I've done it with just sovent soaking 1st and then a garden hose
connected to my water heater and simple green...

You wont see daylight since there should be cylinder baffles
underneath.....the daylight should show at the cylinder heads....

Also a hacksaw blade tapped and hand held will do no damage..

ps  I don't know what your LAWN  looks like now...but I'd do it on the
dirt....with a large piece of cardboard under the engine......after it dries
out...goes in the trash nicely!

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
lots of info!