<VV> fuel injection

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 21:54:46 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/25/2007 7:27:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mahubert0811 at msn.com writes:

I am  looking to put fuel injection on my Corvair engine.  There are a couple
 of kits available, but they are more than I am looking at spending.  I am
interested in the Megasquirt system.  Anybody have any  advice?

The electronics may be the easiest part of the installation. The integral
intake manifold and the"opposed" layout of the Corvair engine make linkage  and
injector location a big, if not the big, issue. It can be done and there are
dozens of Corvair motors running with FI, but there is no "bolt-on" system.
Almost all the installs require removing and modifying the heads, although
perhaps a center mount 4-barrel-like set up with a throttle body (complete with
TPS and IAC motor) located in the center and an injector located over each
(140) cylinder head inlet (the stock 4 inlets) could work. Perhaps a  6-cylinder
kit (ready for 6 firing impulses) but using a 4-barrel replacement
controller (ready for the 4 injectors) might be adaptable. - Seth  Emerson