<VV> '67 Telecolumn Corvair- Corvette

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Mar 26 20:45:27 EST 2007

What you hear is absolutely factual. I have a friend from work that is
heavy into that vintage 'Vette, and he does just that. In fact, I was
able to get a '66 Monza 4door GIVEN to me that was loaded with such
things as a/c, tutone moldings, bumper guards, etc. simply because he
cobbed the tele column from it, which is the ONLY reason why he bought
the car in the first place. If my buddy wasn't so far away, we might
have talked him into accepting a loose '65 column instead of pulling the
'66 column from the car, but he got in a rush. And yes, they DO cut up
the columns for certain parts and pitch the rest. I've seen him do it.

The parts they want are oddball parts, like metal stampings and
bushings. Things that are impossible for an individual to make, but can
be cleaned up from a Corvair column because they aren't generally in
salt-damaged locations like they are in a 'Vette, due to the body
differences. A Corvair column is pretty well protected compared to a
'Vette's column in that respect.

So what I've posted recently on VV IS the truth.

-Mark