<VV> Removing (and installing) the oil dipstick tube

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 27 18:16:14 EST 2007

Folks,

     So the oil pick up is out of the crankcase/block ---  many thanks to the comments by Roger Gault and Harry Yarnell.  Now Doran and I have to remove the oil dipstick tube (in the process of removing the motor, I dropped it and bent the original dipstick tube).  So we put a small socket over it to protect the end and tried to (gently) tap it out from the "bottom".  I marked it on the top where it went into the crancase so we could see if it moved.  After some pretty good wacks, IT DIDN'T MOVE!
     So what's the current wisdom on how we get this out?

                  Thanks,
            Travis and Doran Payne         65 Monza Coupe
                  Raleigh, NC