<VV> 65-69 LM Tailight Bezels

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Mar 27 22:59:52 EST 2007

At 03:35 PM 3/27/2007, cjcavitt at comcast.net wrote:
>it doesnt have anything to do with where it came from cause my 66 is
>from cali and mine are the thin ones. my understanding is only the
>early had them no matter where they were built at least i know the
>first six had them since i have body #6 out of LOS. whenever i have
>seen the thin style i have checked vin dates just because i have
>always been curious about when the cutoff was and every one that i
>have checked so far was built in the first two months but of course
>thats not realy a relable test, its all i have to go on so far.  curt

>From: HallGrenn at aol.com
>
> > JR:
> >
> > That's the same story I heard, but when they ran out of the thin rings I
> > don't know. All of mine came from Willow Run cars.

The story I got was that the mid-year '66 cars got the wider rings in
the tail light lenses.    The notion was that the thin rings may
loosen and come off the lenses so the wider rings were used which
would maintain a better grip on the lens.    ...so I was told.

And, I have seen some of the rings come off either type of lens...
although it took a few decades.   ;)

tony..