<VV> Carb problem 63 / Bench testing

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 00:13:15 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/27/2007 6:10:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ricorvair at cox.net writes:

> As somebody suggested I would bench test my work, if I knew how.

1  When removing a troubled car...keep it level!    Clamp base in small vice
and dismantle

When the top comes off...look at the fuel level......if you've done this to
several carbs..you'll know where it usually is / should be!!

2   After top is off......  remove  Accel pump from lever......with fingers
push plunger into reservoir.....and see if the check pin rises up and oozes
fuel....

3   Do step #2 when re-assembling

4   After top is in place...hold with 2 srews.....work Accel. pump arm....do
you have 2 squirts?

5  keep pumping until  squirts stop [ fuel low in bowl

6   Fab a  small container with a piece of old 5/16"  fuel line connected to
carb inlet [ gravity flow!

7   Add several ounces of gas to container and watch carb...is it leaking? [
flooding!!!]

8   Actuate carb...still have 2 strong steady squirts???

Now it's ready to go on the engine......and it has gas in it!! [ engine
should start readily!]

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
lots of info!