<VV> RE: Stuck door on early convertible - OPENED!!!

Phil philandcaroll at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 27 22:34:59 EST 2007

Well, got lucky today. For some reason, the door opened as normal as can be.
No extra jiggling, no extra lube, nothing. Just walked up, pressed the
button on the handle, and it came open. I have no idea why, but I didn't
look a gift in the eye. I just didn't close it again until I pulled the
latch. With it out, I simply cannot understand why this latch failed to let
the door open. It is a mystery to me, I'll keep thinking about it, maybe
something will come to me. In the meantime, I have a new latch soaking in
cleaner, it will be well lubricated before it goes in.

Phil