<VV> Unofficial St. Augustine Update

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 31 19:41:40 EST 2007

Well, after pulling the top off the RH carb yesterday morning, pulling the
jet, blowing air thru down the jet and up the cluster, it cranked and ran
okay, but I didn't have time to test it warm.  Tested it down here this
morning.  Nada.  :(

So, during the "test and tune" section of this weekends St. Augustine event,
I installed the borrowed carbs.  MOST ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED!  Ran great.
Enough to probably win IS2 for the day.  Not 100% sure there.  My times went
from 72+ (spun 90 degrees just before the end), 59+, 58+ (with one carb due
to a lost clip), then a 56+ clean run...which given another chance could
have shaved about another 0.5s off, but that's all.  They average the times
for the 2 days runs so we'll see tomorrow.

The 64 engine has significant blowby.  Very easy driving around town gives
no oil out the dipstick or out the exhaust.  Agressive autocrossing requires
a clean rag between runs.  It's also starting to smoke out one the left
side.  If I make it through the runs tomorrow w/o breaking anything, I'll be
lucky.

Wish me luck!

The SIGNIFICANT part of the update...Chris Brito in a LM full fledged race
car...FTD of 50.1+...and that INCLUDES an 88 CRX w/VTEC and 2 Subura AWDs.
(I would still vote for AWD cars being in their own class)

The pig went on another diet today.  It got so hungry for beef it ate it's
own clutch, enough to stop the starter from engaging.

Barry