<VV> Modified returned to sort of stock Corvair

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Tue May 1 11:11:54 EDT 2007

When I bought Yenko Stinger (YS) 073 was a V8 car... I converted her back to
Corvair configuration and the car can be returned to stock interior panels
(including headliner-all metal is there to do it) leaving roll cage in,
without much effort. Of course, roll cage could be cut out. After racing the
car for several years, the entire car was stripped, metal replaced where
necessary, and refinished. Rear panel has been changed to come off, along
with rear frame cross rail, but that could be installed as well. For most
value, it probably ought to be returned to even more stock, than I did.

The GT3 89, built by Jon Brakke over the years, raced as a Yenko Stinger for
years, is arguably the most highly developed semi-tube frame Corvair racer
ever built.  It will never revert to a Stock status.  AFAI am concerned, its
present status is "Stock" .. for what it is.

Chuck S
BBRT