<VV> Purists vs Customs

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed May 2 09:07:10 EDT 2007

You've got to remember that that was written when PF-4's were readily
available new. Now that they are discontinued, the definition will of
necessity have to be loosened to "prefer" a genuine PF-4, but to still
insist on only PF-4 type substitutes, to the exclusion of spin-ons.

This is in keeping with what even the AACA uses concerning tires. The
general rule is that the exact size, etc. tire be used, BUT if it is not
available at all, the next closest size is acceptable, UNTIL such time
as the correct one is available. Then the owner is expected to have the
exact tire (even if that means going out and buying a whole new set of
tires!)

This "rule of thumb" is now going to have to be used on our PF-4 filter
situation.

As far as the halogen headlight situation goes, they are considered to
be only an IMPROVEMENT and not a necessity. Therefore they are NOT
allowed, and will continue to be so.

-Mark