<VV> shoulder belts on 66 vert

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Wed May 2 15:03:04 EDT 2007

<snip>
My car came with shoulder belts/seatbelts to attach to  the top
framework---when lowering the top the belts become unusable as they  are 12"
too short. Any one make extenders for the old style belt or do I  have to
find set of belts and cut up and resew for my extenders? Ron Turner  <unsnip>

Ron, my '69 convertible had factory shoulder belts.  They were  attached to
the rear quarter panel structure where the top is bolted in.   The belt emerged
from the gap between the round upper section of the arm-rest  panel and the
inner window trim panel at shoulder height.  There was a clip  to secure the
belt buckle on the inner window trim panel when the belt wasn't in  use. The
factory belt position didn't vary as your's does.
Craig Nicol