<VV> Not a Corvair Anymore -OPINION

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 3 12:57:46 EDT 2007

Stephen,

More thought...

While I'm primarily a LM fan, the fact [LOGIC] that 3 .6 TIMES more EMs were
produced than LMs says to me that the EMs will be (are) the more memorable
for those who DO know what a Corvair is.  Look at the list of top 10
produced models.  There is only one LM in that list - more LOGIC.
Anecdotally - What (seems to me anyway) is the most common question asked
after someone who is familiar with Corvairs and sees yours has?  ....  "Is
it a Spyder?"  - And they even ask that of LMs.

When you look at the past 15 or so years of what is being built (more or
less equals sold), I'm not so sure (especially with these current beefy
front ends and "wagon wheels") that either EMs or LMs would any longer fit
into the "timeless" category.  Time has moved on and I'm not really sure
what the definition is for "timeless".

Where is your data on folks who were not previously familiar with Corvair
who were asked which is more timeless?  When you start a sentence with "I
would venture....", that tells me that logic has left and opinion (however
formed) has taken over.  Indeed, you put opinion in the subject line.

This is not posted in order to start a fight, but simply to give you a
glimpse at an alternate perspective.

Have a good day!

Later, JR

CCE and CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)
Prefers Lates But Likes Both