<VV> What to do with old Corvair seat belts? Fun!

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu May 3 02:58:26 EDT 2007

Hey I finally figured out what to do with old seat belts. Ones that you
would never use because of old webbing. (Note - if you have original belts in
your Corvair, you are on borowed time!) Take the male buckle portion of the  belt
and cut it off to about 18-20 inches. Punch a hole near the cut off point
and use a wire tie to attach it to one of the seat mounting brackets on the
drivers left side. Then hang the seat belt out of the drivers door about 5
inches out of the door. Don't let it hang out too much or it might bang on  the
body. Then go ahead and drive your Corvair around - make sure you have  your real
seat belt fastened, though! - Have Fun!  Say hello to the cop for  me! - Seth