<VV> Engine Conversion

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Thu May 3 18:25:11 EDT 2007

Lonny,
Remove the truck oil filler tube, install an expansion plug in the block
hole of the suitable diameter available at your local FLAPS or auto machine
shop.  Install a car alternator/oil filter/filler/idler pulley housing on
the rear housing and you are good to go. If the rear housing cover (alt
mount, etc.) on your engine is a car one that has been plugged, remove plug
and install a car oil filler snout and cap. Easiest to just replace the
alternator mount. There is also the matter of the car dipstick tube which
must be installed somehow. I do not recall if there is a boss of aluminum on
a FC block. If so, drill hole and install dipstick tube.  You didn't mention
the shroud or turkey roaster. It needs a hole for the dipstick tube. To
locate, measure from a car. If no boss on block, I think you can
successfully drill an angled hole, but not at the severe angle a car
dipstick tube enters the block, but more like 30° or so from vertical. After
installing tube, it will obviously stick out far too far and needs a gentle
large radius bend to get back up to the shroud in the right place. The
dipstick will bend and follow the tube, if it is not crimped. I would think
it could be done.
Chuck S
BBRT