<VV> crap in carbs

KELLYJRE at aol.com KELLYJRE at aol.com
Thu May 3 21:52:25 EDT 2007

Been driving my 68 for about a month now (rebuilt 140) today it started
running poorly, although it ran well at idle. I found a secondary carb that was
dribbling gas down the throat. pulled the primary and secondary on that side,
disassembled and cleaned them out. found the secondary's float had sunk ( full
 of fuel) but what puzzled me was that carb had some stuff in the bottom of
it  that looked like petroleum jelly.( was not water) I know These tend to get
gummed up from dis-use, but believe me, They have been being used regularly.
Also, this car has a cleaned out tank, new lines, new rubber hoses, new
pump,rebuilt carbs, a fuel filter before the pump, all done in the last couple  of
months.what is this stuff in the secondary carb ?

Ed Kelly
corsa s.c.

68 coupe
66 vert