<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 28, Issue 20

Dennis FullerFuller fullerhotshotz at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 00:05:07 EDT 2007

GeeWhiz!  I'm sorry if I offended any flywheel bolters with my comment about
  "propagandized myths".  Ihave nothing against bolted flywheels, and I'm sure you make a very reliable product.  I have never used one simply because I could not afford it. I also don't suggest that anyone try to weld their own flywheel unless they are a very good welder with access to a machine shop. The guy who did mine placed it in a lathe, centerd and trued it, welded it, and balanced it. Price? $35. The welds are on the back side outer edge. Where the rivets are. The inner spring plate extends past the weight ring about 1/16". This is where he ran a 1" bead which also caught the outer edge of the rivet. I believe any flywheel whether bolted, riveted, welded, or superglued, should be balanced with the engine. Some things are best left to the professionals.

  ONWARD, through the FOG!